PTH can support your health & safety programme by providing the following services:
- Portable Appliance Testing and inspection
- Visual Inspections
- Testing of IT and other sensitive electronic equipment
- Reporting in hard copy or electronic format
Replacementfuses and plugs.
What does a PAT test consist of?
We start with a visual inspection checking for:
- Damaged plugs and equipment (overheating, burn marks, discolouration)
- Correctly wired plugs
- Correctly rated fuse
Then a series of tests (depending on the class of equipment), they may include
- Earth continuity testing
- Insulation resistance
- Polarity test
- Earth leakage test
The Engineer checks for signs of damage to the appliance and its supply cord (IEC Lead) and then tests the functionality of any switches before checking that the fuse within the plug top is correctly rated for the safe disconnection of the appliance
After this process, the appliance is energised by a test machine which uses a sequence of checks to establish the integrity of the live, neutral and earth wires. The machine, depending on its findings, will establish a “pass” or “fail” status for the appliance, and the Engineer will label the equipment accordingly.
- Free Replacement of blown fuses
- Free Minor Repairs
- Free Re-test of any failed item that can be repaired on the days of testing
- Insurance against
andaccidents or Public Liability claims
- The travel to your location
- Inspection and testing carried out by a fully Qualified Engineer
- All Appliances and equipment are tagged or
labeled“Pass” or “Fail”
- Providing a register of all equipment tested
- Certificate confirming all equipment has been tested to the required standards.
- Storage of test result records on our database for 24 months – providing free copies on request